28 October 2009

Public Service Announcement

This post will not be featuring any pictures? Why? Because my camera, among other things, was stolen from my car last weekend. Yeah, classy neighborhood we live in, huh?

The worst part is, the Bad People went through my glove box and took my GPS (carefully hidden out of sight in my glove box--see how well that worked?), my camera, AND a pre-paid coffee punch card--but left my iPod. What an insult? Was it just too old to even bother with? Or did they scroll through my playlist and decide that Neil Diamond was too toxic even for them?

It sucked to have to replace a window, and with my keen sense of direction I can learn to live without GPS, but I am most sad about the loss of my camera. It was my wedding present to myself back in December of 2006, and I've taken it on both of our Europe trips, road trips, Arizona--all the good stuff. Even worse, it has some pictures of my seniors from the field trip last week that I hadn't uploaded yet. That's why it was in my car at all, in case you're wondering. It was in my purse from the trip and too heavy so I threw it in the glove box.

So the public service part of my post... Most of you probably already knew this, and I'm sure I did in the back of my head, but hear me now: Write down the serial numbers of all your valuables BEFORE they are thieved. This makes your life easier because even if you are sure that you own the only red Lumix camera in Auburn they do not take this as "evidence."

4 comments:

Tanya said...

So sad to hear, unfortunately it happens in every neighborhood anymore.

Christmas items?

Hang in there.

CookBook said...

Good news is that I found my camera, in the cupboard I looked in a hundred times before reporting it stolen. I am glad I got the pictures back. Bad news--I was looking forward to upgrading my camera!

JoAnn Casebolt said...

I'm going to share a trick to ward off anyone from going through your glove box. Before I had my bladder fixed I use to keep a spare pair of undies in there. Not cute, colorful youthful ones but big, stretched out white ones. One look in the glove box and.......everything safe and sound just where you left it!

Anonymous said...

Well I started out going to say how sorry about the theft of your glove box mainly your camera then read from you that you found the camera that's great but still having you car broken into is a sicking feeling. Maybe trying Aunt JoAnn's method would really work at least it would shock the @#@#@#@#@'s that did it. Love you G&GBook

Pages