I know, I know, I usually manufacture my own content, but I just learned about William Kamkwamba and his story was so cool that I couldn't resist sharing it with you guys.
Basically, he and his family live in Malawi, one of the countries in Africa hardest-hit by the famines. He MacGyvered a windmill together for his family out of a bicycle, junkyard parts and a picture in a library book. Eventually some journalists noticed and he's since been invited to speak at world-renowned organizations, write a book, etc. He also has an incredibly entertaining personality--more the better for TV. You can watch him on The Daily Show here.
I like Kamkwamba's story because he reminds me how many ingenious guys (and girls) are designing out of necessity and showing up mult-million corporations every day.
2 comments:
Thanks for always having something fresh on your blog. I would continue to live in my middle age bubble if it wasn't for you!
What a great weekend trip and it looks like the hounds really enjoyed themselves. Did you get to sleep in the bed or on the floor? It didn't look like much room left for you on the bed. Love you G&GBook
Post a Comment