Kid: "Wait, how did you have radio if you didn't have TV." Me: "It just works that way." (I'm an English teacher, it is not my job to explain antiquated technology to him). Kid: "Does your husband not like football?" Me: No, he likes it a lot, why?" Kid: "Because he went somewhere with no TV during football season." Me: "Yes, but he has a wife to keep happy." Kid #2, absolutely no humor intended: "Who's his wife?"So anyhow, on with our trip, intended to be a break from crazy high school kids. The obligitory ferry pic:
Obvio
After settling into our little studio, located on an alpaca farm(!!!) we took the dogs to Double Bluff Beach to check out the water. There aren't a lot of (any) pictures of this since I was mostly concerned with leash-holding, etc. But! I did see a heron! It's a boring picture though, so I'll skip that one.
The view from the window of our place...
The next day we went hiking to one of the places we both liked on our last trip. It's the giant rock left in the middle of the woods as the
glaciers moved through millions of years ago. There's a great system of trails in the middle South Whidbey called the Saratoga Woods (maps here) where you could wander for hours.
Harry & Logo sampling the coffee:
While Logo was just curious about everything.
After all this excitement we had two very tired greyhounds.
I'm pretty sure that they weren't technically supposed to be on the bed, but we put a sheet down so they weren't touching the bedding--and you try keeping those two out of a nice cushy bed!
Here, Harry was already cuddled up with Ryan and Logo decided that she wanted to get on board. Because she INSISTS on being at the top of the bed she crammed herself in a tiny little space at the top.
On Sunday morning we went to Marguerite Brons Memorial Park, a huge off-leash dog park just down the road from Bayview. What's most awesome about this park is that is has off-leash wooded trails. The dogs LOVED this. There are no pictures because we spent our whole time chasing after them (it might be fenced, but it's still 15 wooded acres, and those dogs are fast!)
And finally... greyhounds away!
(Okay, you totally can't see it here, but there were two very curious greyhounds looking out at me when I took this picture).
Aw, aren't they cute? My intrepid little travelers!
3 comments:
Harry and Logo seem to be quite the vacationers now.
I hope the ferry gave you a good discount for Harry's excellent supervision skills.
Thank you for taking me with you. I really enjoy your "family" adventures. Can you image how much richer they would be with a couple Bichon's? Let me know if you ever want to find out!
We could take the Bichons, but it would be like taking a hot meal for Harry...
Post a Comment