For months, the threat of Domo has loomed over my blog. But blog pages change with the seasons, and Domo has moved on to terrorize other pages. Instead, I give you Blogy Mosaico. Yeah, I don't really get the name either. That's because this design, and whole bunch of its HTML*, are written in Spanish. Since both my HTML and Spanish skills are rudimentary, this has been a little bit of an adventure.
There are a couple of new additions that come along with this design. One nifty thing is that there's a search option on the right side (look for the little magnifying glass). This blog also allows me to put links across the top. I haven't quite finished linking all of these up, so don't get all uppity if they don't work yet, alrighty?
The moral of this story? If something isn't quite perfect, don't complain! If you can write and edit Spanish HTML code, be my guest. And if you thought there were too many "foreign" words before, be lucky I spent my precious time translating this page!
*HTML is basically the code that tells webpages what to do. It runs behind the webpage so all you see is the result of the commands. So this text looks all pretty and nice and bold when it links to a webpage about pandas or becomes pink but in the background it actually says: " So this text looks all pretty and nice and <b>bold</b> when it links to a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Panda">webpage about pandas</a> or becomes <span style="color: magenta;">pink </span>"
5 comments:
What?
Dad
Sorry. Looked for the comment section top and bottom. Did not look for it on the side.
You confused your poor Dad with all this.
Good thing I'm taking Spanish classes, I was tracking there...
Except I got the word piensar (to think)confused with piscina (swimming pool)... maybe we shouldn't travel to Central America...
I know how to ask "paper for the ladies room" in Spanish. Anyone up for a trip with me?
HUH? I'm sure you are right whatever you said. Love you G&GBook
Post a Comment