10 November 2009

Chef's revenge

Our refrigerator was being overtaken by leftovers, and I needed to do something about it--fast. Time for chef's revenge.


Among other things, there are a few mushrooms, half a green pepper, half a sweet onion, fresh thyme (oh my goodness, one of those little packs will last for-ever), breakfast sausages, a pack of baby carrots, a Parmesan cheese rind, and rigatoni with spinach and Parmesan.

Oh, and I forgot to mention bread.


Bread.

I pretty much put all the veggies in a pot and sauted them before adding some tomato paste, white wine, milk, cheese rind and thyme. I boiled up some extra bow-tie pasta, mixed it all together, and Viola! chef's revenge!

7 comments:

Shari said...

That is definitely not what you described when you initially explained the concept of "Chef's Revenge."

Tanya said...

Are you spreading nasty rumors of my "Chef's Revenge" nights?

Anonymous said...

I love people that are adventrous in their cooking. You go girl!!G&GBOOK

JoAnn Casebolt said...

Just need to get you your own brand of pots and pans and some air time and you got yourself a second career!

CookBook said...

JoAnn--don't forget my low-cut shirt! It seems to be a requirement for any host on the Food Network that isn't cast as "matronly."

CarissaWalker said...

I can't believe you did that after our discussion. YES mom - we were spreading rumors... or truths - call it what you will.

CookBook said...

Roo--hate to break it to you, but this post was written way before our discussion. I post-date them because JoAnn freaks out if there's a dry spell and then I hit her with too much at once. Blog overload.

Pages