15 September 2009

Fair weather fan

"Fair weather fan" is supposed to mean someone who supports a team only when they're doing well. But I take that term literally. I only go to Huskies games when the weather is good.

With that in mind, you can understand why I was happy to go to the Huskies v. Idaho game on Saturday. It was a beautiful September day, with afternoon highs around 85. Unfortunately, it was also Band Day.



Now in theory, Band Day is a good idea. Marching bands from all across the state and B.C. join the Huskies marching band on the field to play in unison. In reality, everyone is just half a note off, creating the world's largest muddled sound.

Luckily, the game was a little more entertaining. The Huskies finally broke their 15 game losing streak!


Huskies 42, Vandals 16


Happy (and somewhat sunburt) fan


After the game we planned on meeting up with some friends who were over from Spokane for the weekend. We had some time to kill before dinner so we went to Julia's on Broadway and had tater tots.


(don't worry, I had a salad too!)

This is one of my favorite random things on Capitol Hill:


Yeah, random I know... but it's cool!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I think the reason you like the "favorite random things" on Capital Hill is that it reminds you of home!

Carissa and Chris said...

Napoleon, give me some of your tots.

Anonymous said...

Watch those sunburns this message is brought to you by someone who knows.GBook

CookBook said...

Grandma- Blame Ryan--he has a pathological fear of the sun so I just assume he has sunscreen... but he decided that today of all days was the day to not bring any along.

Pages