12 August 2008

Times, they are a-changin'

Today I met our new English teacher at Cafe Presse on Capitol Hill. She's fresh out of teacher school and has plenty of questions and it felt nice to have at least some of the answers for once. It still feels like it wasn't all that long ago that I was in her position!

Before lunch I took a walk around the old neighborhood where Ryan lived when we met. We used to go to this coffee shop called the Perkatory. It was run by a Christian group (get it, Perkatory?) and was a great place to read, work, or just relax. They had comfy couches, big wooden tables and a selection of books and games should you ever get bored. We went there often enough that we were "regulars", despite the fact that Ryan lived over another coffee shop.

Unfortunately, soon after Ryan moved to Kent the Perkatory was closed and demolished to make way for a giant condo complex. I don't have any before pictures (picture small white-painted brick building with comfy couches and sloped wooden floors inside). Here's how it looks now:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad. Come to Long Beach and try out Long Beach Roasters.

Pages