Harry and Logo's grandma keeps them stocked with stuffies, so although I was tempted I didn't buy anymore of those. Instead I decided to try out one of those treat toys. I've been leery of them before because Logo is so destructive when it comes to anything food scented, but the Tug-a-Jug looked pretty indestructible in Logo terms (she takes out her anger on the part of the toy directly associated with the food, not the rubber trimmings) so I decided to give it a go.
The Tug-a-Jug is basically a Nalgene-type bottle with a skinny neck and a rubber rope through it that blocks the treats from coming out until it's wiggled and tugged around. It's described as a "full sensory experience for your dog" because the dog can see, hear and smell the treats rolling around inside. The bottom is perforated with holes to allow the dog to smell the treats.
I gave Harry first shot at this toy. He was initially interested at the sound and smell of food, but upon realizing that it was not being readily handed out he retired to the couch. Then it was Logo's turn.
She immediately figured out which end the smells came from:
Eventually she got a little more creative and began playing like a real dog.
And then, a realization. The food comes out the other end!
2 comments:
I'm glad to see Cujo has met her match in a toy.
It's nice that she has something to keep her occupied that does not involving your watching her poop for two day following her choice of activities.
okay I need to stop reading.. I am at work and laughing so hard everyone is poking their heads out of their office and into mine to see what is going on!!
Post a Comment