24 June 2009

Rawr!

During the horrible training that I mentioned in my last post, I also mentioned that focused my energies on teaching myself to draw dinosaurs (so as not to punch the trainer in the face--but that's not the point). The difficulty here is that I had no dino model to work from so it was a lot of trial and error. It's cool though, I had plenty of time.

Anyhow, here is The Birth of Dino:

(Notice the leaves to provide the proper environment for a growing prehistoric reptile)


The next few were pretty much trial and error. The Evolution of Dino:




It was looking pretty good toward the end:


And this is where it gets fun. In addition to the Plagiasauraus Rex you met yesterday, meet the Tutorialsaurus Rex!


(Yes, they are all something-or-other rexes. It's all I can draw).

And finally, a dinosaur to complement the name page I'd carefully decorated for myself.

2 comments:

JoAnn Casebolt said...

Yikes--I'm thinking there might be an art set with your name on it under the Christmas tree this year!

Carissa and Chris said...

Q: What to do with free time?

A.Come stay with your sister while her husband is gone playing soldier.

Pages