05 July 2009

"When I die, I want to be cremated and have my ashes put into fireworks." -S.

This weekend Roo and I celebrated the 4th of July in Kingston while working on our "secret project."

We had planned to go hiking up Green Mountain, but it was so hot that we ended up following a path along a creek instead.



Of course, this was just fine with Bear, who seemed to think that he could eat the water.


(If you want more pictures you'll have to check Roo's blog because my camera ended up on dry land while I waded in with Bear).

Roo with her co-pilot on the way home:


If you want to see pictures of Saturday, check Roo's blog (again), since it was dedicated to the SECRET PROJECT. However, Saturday evening we headed into Kingston to settle in for the fireworks show.

Here's the obligatory ferry shot:


We showed up way too early but we got a really good seat on the fishing pier. Here's the view of the water, fireworks barge, and my foot while we relaxed and waited for the show to begin (I put my flip-flops in my purse because I was afraid I'd lose one overboard).


And finally... an hour after advertised:


And finally... I promised Ryan that while I was visiting I'd take a picture of Ryan to show him how FAT Gatsby has become. Here's el Gordo Gato in all his glory...


4 comments:

JoAnn Casebolt said...

What secret project? Am I that dense?????

Tanya said...

Hey, I CAREFULLY checked through each blog this afternoon FROM THE CAR just so I'd be the first comment. NO FAIR you posted AFTER that!

The English Teacher said...

I'm so stealing the first picture of the bridge for my photo project!!

CookBook said...

I was still sitting in traffic trying to GET home this afternoon. How could I post before I was even done with the weekend?

I'll send you a better copy of the bridge pic!

Pages