23 June 2009

Well how do you expect me to spend all this free time?

I've officially been off of school for just shy of one week. So what have I been doing with myself?

Unfortunately, I my first two off days in training. Normally I don't mind trainings, especially for this particular program, but this was horrible. Horrible, painful, awful training of the worst kind. I promise that I usually take my professional development more seriously, but because I had major philosophical and, well, overall issues with the trainer, I dedicated the time to teaching myself to draw dinosaurs rather than engaging her in verbal and/or physical fisticuffs (possibly resulting in my unemployment).

When I get my notebook and camera in the same place I'll show you the evolution of the dino, but here's one of my more creative designs:


When I was finally released from Hell we headed down to the beach to spend Father's day with Dad. Harry LOVES to feel the wind in his... teeth?


Notice the flabba-jabba lips. Dad spent most of the weekend tearing things apart. Example: At 5:15 am when we got up to let the dogs out there was still a laundry room sink. At 8:15 when we woke up to the sound of the Saw-z-all, the laundry room sink was on the back porch. Whatever, I'm not complaining, I didn't have to work!

Today I went up to Seattle to hang out with one of my friends (she has self-selected the code name "Pirate" for herself). The Pirate and I visited Jim Henson's Fantastic World at the EMP. Trippy building.


We continued to wander Seattle, eating lunch at The Baguette Box on Capitol Hill before stopping for a cup of coffee at Trabant Coffee & Chai in the U District:


This led to us taking pictures of our own eyes with our camera phones because we wanted to see what color our eyes were. This is probably an example of why too much technology is not a good thing.

3 comments:

JoAnn Casebolt said...

What fun--I'm sure your summer will fly by. Where can I get a cup of coffe like that?

CookBook said...

It's from Trabant in Seattle (I updated the entry to add relevant info). Most of the places that serve it in ceramic cup, especially the small independent ones, will at least make a leaf in the foam. The girl was very proud of herself because she said she hardly ever gets this design right.

Come down for breakfast at Wild Wheat in Kent sometime! They make designs in your coffee AND it's delish breakfast.

Carissa and Chris said...

bear likes wind in his teeth. i guess it's a canine thing we don't understand.

Pages