16 February 2010

I love Five Guys (not like that)

Last year, Five Guys Burgers & Fries made the news when President Obama randomly stopped in with press in tow.  I figured that there's no way that the burgers could live up to the hype, so I haven't been in a big hurry to visit the new(ish) Five Guys at Renton Landing.  But Sunday, I played a double-header at soccer and afterwards I was craving meat. LOTS of meat.  Juicy meat.  On a bun.  With cheese.  This seemed like a good time to check out Five Guys.

Oh my goodness.  Turns out that Five Guys IS as good as the hype.  Their "regular" burger comes with two patties--and they're not two of those thin, wimpy little patties that are "big" in diameter but not thickness.  They're fat, hand-shaped juicy patties that leave juice (not fat) dribbling down your chin.  You get your choice of all sorts of toppings all free of charge, too!  The fries are and cut and delish.  They say the small serves 1-2, but it realistically serves 2-3.

One thing I love about this burger is that it's not over-seasoned to compensate for lacking in meat.  It's pretty much just a whole lotta meat, plus your toppings.  I love it so much.  Needless to say, I scarfed my burger before Ryan was even half done.  Probably a first!

Five Guys also has a bulletin board where kids (and adults!) can write nice little messages about how much they love their food.  Just.  Don't write this.

4 comments:

CarissaWalker said...

OMG

Robo Family said...

Yeah, Carissa got it right. Also, they finally built one out here and we ate it about 2 weeks ago. I think when I die, they can just fill my coffin with those fries, then maybe I can eat them forever! Mmmmmm

Anonymous said...

I have a doctor appointment this Friday and it will be lunch time when I am done so maybe I can talk grandpa into taking me there for lunch. I will get back with a comment if we go. Love G&GBook

Tanya said...

Ooh, take me, take me!

Pages