24 August 2009

Happy birthday to ME

Some people (who, by the way, don't even have their blog) have been harassing me about not updating my blog recently.

The thing is, I've taken a few pictures but haven't really had anything interesting enough to warrant a blog post. I'm also working on a big project that will eventually result in a major blog post but in the meantime is taking up both my picture taking and writing time.

But Saturday was my birthday. Ryan let me choose how I wanted to spend the day so I chose an architectural tour of the rich turn-of-the-century neighborhood of Capitol Hill offered by the Seattle Architecture Foundation. I know, party down, right?

The houses were pretty cool, all though it's a little weird to stare at houses like they're museum pieces when there are people living inside, trying to go about their Saturday mornings. One interesting thing that I did learn was that the designer of my freshman dorms at CWU was some hot-shot architect, Frank (or Fred?) Bassetti. We always called the freshmen dorms "The Bassettis collectively, but I didn't know he was, like, cool.

These houses were built by the elder and younger men of the Fisher family, of Fisher scones and Fisher Communications. I loved these houses, but what I liked most where that even though they are most likely multi-million dollar homes they also have some broken down, mossy cars parked beside the garage. Yes, there truly is a little white trash in all of us.


2 comments:

Carissa and Chris said...

Is that a broken down car?? Nope, just the yard waste bins - nothing to see here.

Anonymous said...

Great houses but you have really got my interest in the big blog that is coming. Hope your birthday was as special as you. Love you G&GBook

Pages