So here's the inaugural picture on our new hard drive from my camera:

This is the interior of the portico of the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle. The building has some amazing decor and history. It opened in 1926 a vaudeville and silent movie theater modeled after Imperial China's most impressive structures, such as the Forbidden City. The building itself is worth the visit. Pictures wouldn't do it justice so I just gave up--but you can take free tour every Monday at noon to see it for yourself.
I was at the 5th Ave to see the musical version of Catch Me if You Can. This is the world premier so they're still working out the kinks. The 60s technicolor effects were very cool, but some things were missing--like a plot. The Seattle Times review pretty much echos my thoughts. Ah, well, we all know that I am amused by bright shiny objects and flashy lights so the show was an A+ for me!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the death of a very close friend, Slim.
We just had our own obscene VISA receipt recently so I can totally sympathize. Doesn't make it any easier to take, however.
Post a Comment