We spent two afternoons/evenings in the park and a LOT of time at the pool. The first day we went to EPCOT, which my inner nerd loved. The second day we went to Magic Kingdom, which is basically Disneyland on steroids. I don't have many pictures of either day because I was with a couple of people who loved taking pictures so I just let them do the heavy (photo) lifting. Here's what I do have:
Drinks by the pool. I've never been a big sit-by-the-pool-and-sip-drinks person, but I realize now that that's because I haven't had opportunity. Now that I've had a fancy pool, great weather and great company, I understand what all the fuss is about. (See previous entries for pics of the pool!)
Our hotel, the Dolphin. It's right on the Disney World grounds. Pretty awesome!
As you can see, the hotel is very... '90s. The fancy fountain that descends down the hotel:
The seething mass of humanity that is Disney World:
Ahhhh! Disney World!
It should be noted that the above picture was taken after a really stressful session at the conference, sitting through a thunderstorm, spending an hour on a shuttle ride that should have taken 20 minutes AND not getting dinner until way too late. The result is a look that is a cross between fear, excitement and exhaustion.
But things got better because... MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!








1 comment:
Dad says he's never gotten to go to the Electrical Parade...again.
Post a Comment