20 January 2010

Way to be, Whirlpool

So our one month old oven--ONE MONTH OLD--is already acting up.  When I run the convection setting it makes a horrible metal grinding sound.  I called customer service to schedule a service appointment and they said they only schedule them in 4 hour windows, 9 am-5 pm, on weekdays.  So because they sell crappy stuff, I'm supposed to take off work.  I finally got a Saturday appointment, but they made it very clear that this was uncommon and a very difficult exception for them to make.

After this experience, I emailed their customer service feedback thing on the website.  Here's the response I got:

Dear Ms Cook:

Thank you for visiting the Whirlpool web site.  We appreciate hearing from you.

We do apologize for the issues with your new range. We also do apologize for the issues with the service companies but we do not have our own service company and we do have to abide by what the service companies have available.

Thank you for allowing us to assist you today.

You are a valued Whirlpool customer and we apologize for any inconvenience this concern may have caused.

 Worst customer service response ever.  "Sorry our new appliance blows.  Suck it."

4 comments:

Robo Family said...

At least it's not a Kenmore!

JoAnn Casebolt said...

Call the Maytag repair guy--he has time to kill and have him send his bill to Whirlpool.

Bob Book said...

We can take it out and return it. It's been done with a dishwasher once.

Tanya said...

I've had a grudge against Whirlpool since middle school I would always get blamed for the appliances lack of performance.

I "Send it back!"

Pages