
Ryan told me that that used to be an old tavern (and I guess a grocery store for a logging company at the turn of the century), but all I noticed was that the other side of that Neapolitan pizza sign looked like this:

We decided to check it out since it was in the neighborhood where Ryan's dad grew up and might be less crowded than Tutta Bella on a Saturday night. Turns out that we made a good choice. The pizza was delicious. I've never been to Naples, but I have eaten pizza in a variety of other European countries, and this pie was spot on for that experience--pizza with toppings set on top, rather than swamped with cheese (mine was prosciutto and arugula). I finished it off with some truly good spumoni.
In the middle of our meal in this cozy little restaurant with delicious food it started to snow. Could it get any more perfect than that?
Proof of the ambiance--with the heads of the people in front of us:

And the mystery of the upside down sign is solved:

The old Lakeside Tavern sign was mounted in the wall inside! Apparently it had hung upside down for years and was a local landmark. Yey Pulcinella for keeping up the tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment