21 May 2009

How does your garden grow?

For the last couple of weeks I've been working on getting our yard whipped into shape. Every year I say that I'm going to do this, but every year it doesn't actually happen. Logo's grazing and Harry's digging don't make it any easier, either. A couple of years ago I did actually plant flowers, but Logo uprooted the plants before they were in the ground, frustrating my early attempts.

Either way, I decided that greyhound or no greyhound, this was the year. Four years ago I dug the beds out, last year I lined the beds with rocks, and this year I decided to make a potted garden.

The earlier post illustrates what happened to my choice of deer-resistant flowers, here are some of the others that seem to have lasted so far:

This is a Dwarf Coreopsis. It's in a basket now because Logo ate all the flowers the first time I planted it in a pot:


This one is May Night "Slavia." I just think it's cool:

This one is pretty, but I mostly liked the name... Geum "Lady Stratheden Grecian Rose."


I bought this one mostly for the name--Tasmanian Tiger Spurge:


This is "Frosty Morn" (no idea what the fancy name is). I picked it up at Fred Meyer because it was cool:


Another Fred Meyer impulse purchase because I liked the color. I don't know what it's called because it doesn't have a tag. Anyone have any guesses?


Are you ready for the big reveal??? Here it is... the first ever not-sucky yard of the Cook-Book household!

4 comments:

Carissa and Chris said...

looks better then ours - we just dug it up. we're going for the 'natural' appearance!

Tanya said...

Copycat! It looks like MY yard.

JoAnn Casebolt said...

I've given in and will join most of the free world reading peoples blogs. I will say, I've enjoyed every entry (it took me several sittings to get caught up). Logo and Harry are much bigger, sleeker versions of Kimi and Kirby--one good and one not so good. I've now officially cross to the other side, those who actually use a computer for more than work!

JoAnn Casebolt said...

I've waited 10 long days. Give my something, anything....hasn't Logo done anything blog worthy?

Pages